|Address: 872 Flordon Drive
Approx. Sq. Footage: 5,000
Full baths: 3
Half baths: 2
Style: 2 story
Year built: 1968
Upon purchase of our home in 2011, we embarked on a complete renovation. We have taken down walls, opened up entranceways, gutted and re-tiled all the bathrooms, and created an open, airy and family-friendly home. Located on a flat parcel, there is a sizable grassy back yard good for playing sports. Dog doors lead into a mud room, making it easy for pets to come in and out. Overall, the house is in excellent condition.
- Large, open family room with custom, built-in bookshelves and cabinets, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking a beautifully landscaped back yard.
- A spacious and warm kitchen with a large walnut island which easily fits 4-6 stools, a 6-burner Thermador cooktop, a gas fireplace built into a limestone mantel, two custom black granite desks, and room for a couch or table. Designed with recessed lighting, plenty of cabinets, and beautiful tile highlights.
- Finished basement which includes a luxurious movie room with a projector and full-wall screen, seven reclining chairs with bass vibrators; an exercise room; a game room (currently fits a pool table, air hockey and foosball table); storage room; and laundry area.
- Every bathroom has been gutted and re-tiled with granite countertops and a classic décor. Master bathroom shower has shower head, body sprays and steamer.
- Replaced and/or refinished wood floors throughout entire house. Covered stairs and basement with high quality and long-lasting wool and Berber carpets.
- Re-architected ducts, supplies and returns, and created 3 zones to ensure efficient heating and cooling; insulated all attic and crawl spaces with foam.
- Upgraded electrical system from a low voltage system.
- Replaced all windows with top of the line, double-paned windows.
- Replaced roof and installed new gutters with filtering screens along entire roof edge, and replaced sky light.
- Installed audio system.
- Replaced distribution box and lines in septic system.
- Planted over 100 new shrubs and reclaimed the front and back side yards.
- Replaced pool pump in 2013 and pool cover in 2014.
- Added a whole-house generator with its own buried propane tank that automatically switches over with the loss of power.
- The back yard includes a pool, zip line and play house.